Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tao of Té Happy NYE!


2014 Look Out Baby 'Cause Here I come!!

 

Today millions of people will be pondering their New Year resolutions. Come midnight the champagne will flow, fireworks will go off and people will get that first kiss of the new year. I've heard what some of the resolutions will be of my friends. I've also seen some refuse to make any resolutions because they know they will break them.

Usually I am the one that does not make resolutions. The reason being is that I just suck. I don't stick to my resolution. I used to have the standard ones like lose weight, save more money, eat healthier. But then I stopped. That was wrong of me.

I am by no means saying you shouldn't make NYE resolutions. I just stopped because I was never fulfilling mine and it became a vicious cycle of making them, not doing them and then feeling bad because I felt like it was a year wasted.

This year, yet again, draws to a close. It has been one hell of a ride the last 13 months. Things have been tragic, horrible, painful and lonely at times. Yesterday I told my GYN, about my year. She was shocked. I've had five emergency surgeries and have broken my toe. That is a lot to squeeze into the year. Then she said something wonderful to me,  she said, "Wow those are some terrible things but you always pick yourself back up."

Do I really? Or do I just sit there waiting for someone else to pick me up? I'd like to think that I do the standing on my own. I have some of the best friends anyone could ever ask for. Each would help me in a millisecond. If it hadn't been for my friends I would not have had the strength to go on much less shoulder my burden, but they did. And still know the incredible pain I go through daily. It isn't fun and it just complicates things.

So here are my New Year Resolutions of things I am NOT going to do:

·         I am not going to let someone else's opinion of me make me feel less than I am.

·         I am going to reach out for help when I need it.

·         I am never going to stop showing people, or tell people that I love them as often as they can.

·         I am going to stop seeing the negative/bad parts pf people. Every person has someone good inside.

·         I am going to let grudges of my past and of people go. It is doing nothing to the other person than cause me more grief.

·         I am not going to let people steam roll over me.

 

So there you go. My list of Non-traditional NYE resolutions. There is nothing about saving money, eating well or working out. I've been doing that as often as possible this year. But I am going to be a better this year. I am going to love far deeper. I am going to push R.A.K. as much as possible to help start a movement of interest and of bringing people love. That is one resolution that can be started with someone at any time.

So let your grievances go. Give someone a smile randomly. Don't let regret weigh you down because you always have enough time, even if it is one minute from now, to let the baggage go.

This NYE we will be celebrating at home with some Nyquil due to the girl's giving us their contagion. I probably will be well asleep before the New Year so I want to wish you all the very best beginning to a New Year that you could possibly have.

Just remember to: Dream Big, Love Often, Ignore the small stuff and always keep a goal in mind even if it is nothing more than reading a book you have always wanted to read but haven't had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment